Welcome to the official website of the Montgomery County Chapter of the National Organization for Women (MCNOW)!
Because of our close proximity to Washington, DC, MCNOW is able to be involved at the national, state, and local levels of NOW. We are committed to advancing NOW's six core issues at each of these levels.
Join MCNOW for a panel discussion and Q&A on reproductive rights and freedom. Attendees will leave the event with ideas for tangible ways to support access to full reproductive care.
Reproductive Rights NOW
Sunday, December 3, 2017
Bethesda Chevy Chase Regional Services Center, West Room
4805 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Toni Van Pelt
President, National Organization for Women
Programs Manager, NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland
Former General Counsel and Legal Director of NARAL Pro-Choice America, and Policy Director of the ACLU of Maryland
Get tickets here. $10 advanced online purchase, $15 at the door.
More information here.
Calling all members of NOW!
You are a member of the National Organization for Women because you believe in and stand up for: reproductive rights, economic justice, ending violence against women, racial justice, LGBTQIA rights, and constitutional equality for women. We ask you now to take the next step by actively participating in the Montgomery County Chapter. Consider one of these ways to get involved:
- MCNOW Representative to Maryland State Council: Involves monthly meeting in Hyattsville
- MCNOW Representative to coalition groups (as needed), such as:
- Communities United Against Hate – Montgomery County
- Do The Most Good – Montgomery County
- Women’s Legislative Briefing (annual meeting is the last Sunday in January, monthly meetings September-January)
- Montgomery County Human Trafficking Task Force
- Montgomery County Women’s Commission
- Volunteer Coordinator: Help activate those wishing to get involved
- Membership Committee Chair and members:
- Maintain and update member lists
- Mail postcards to new, inactive, and renewing members
- Member recruitment
- Web and Social Media Chair and members
- MCNOW PAC: Help during election cycles
- Community Liaison: Answer general inquiries that come to us via email, forward inquiries to someone in leadership as needed
- Program Committee Chair and members: Planning, ideas and logistics
- Legislative Testimony: Testify on issues in Annapolis and/or County Council
Interested? Head over to our Get Involved page!