Welcome to the official website of the Montgomery County Chapter of the National Organization for Women (MCNOW)!
Because of our close proximity to Washington, DC, MCNOW is able to be involved at the national, state, and local levels of NOW. We are committed to advancing NOW's six core issues at each of these levels.
Join MCNOW for a panel discussion and Q&A on women's history and the ERA.
Saturday, March 17, 2018
Montgomery County Executive Office Building Auditorium
101 Monroe Street
Rockville, MD 20850
Delegate Jheanelle Wilkins, District 20
Bettina Hager, DC Director of the ERA Coalition and Fund for Women’s Equality, and co-chair of the Equal Rights Amendment Task Force of the National Council of Women's Organizations
Eileen Davis, Co-Founder, Women-Matter.org
Additional panelists to be announced soon.
Get tickets via Facebook.
Get tickets via Eventbrite.
Calling all members of NOW!
You are a member of the National Organization for Women because you believe in and stand up for: reproductive rights, economic justice, ending violence against women, racial justice, LGBTQIA rights, and constitutional equality for women. We ask you now to take the next step by actively participating in the Montgomery County Chapter. Consider one of these ways to get involved:
- MCNOW Representative to Maryland State Council: Involves monthly meeting in Hyattsville
- MCNOW Representative to coalition groups (as needed), such as:
- Do The Most Good – Montgomery County
- Women’s Legislative Briefing (annual meeting is the last Sunday in January, monthly meetings September-January)
- Montgomery County Human Trafficking Task Force
- Montgomery County Women’s Commission
- Volunteer Coordinator: Help activate those wishing to get involved
- Membership Committee Chair and members:
- Maintain and update member lists
- Mail postcards to new, inactive, and renewing members
- Member recruitment
- MCNOW PAC: Help during election cycles
- Community Liaison: Answer general inquiries that come to us via email, forward inquiries to someone in leadership as needed
- Program Committee Chair and members: Planning, ideas and logistics
- Legislative Testimony: Testify on issues in Annapolis and/or County Council
Interested? Head over to our Get Involved page!