Welcome to the official website of the Montgomery County Chapter of the National Organization for Women (MCNOW)!
Because of our close proximity to Washington, DC, MCNOW is able to be involved at the national, state, and local levels of NOW. We are committed to advancing NOW's six core issues at each of these levels.
Calling all members of NOW!
You are a member of the National Organization for Women because you believe in and stand up for: reproductive rights, economic justice, ending violence against women, racial justice, LGBTQIA rights, and constitutional equality for women. We ask you now to take the next step by actively participating in the Montgomery County Chapter. Consider one of these ways to get involved:
- MCNOW Representative to Maryland State Council: Involves monthly meeting in Hyattsville
- MCNOW Representative to coalition groups (as needed), such as:
- Communities United Against Hate – Montgomery County
- Do The Most Good – Montgomery County
- Women’s Legislative Briefing (annual meeting is the last Sunday in January, monthly meetings September-January)
- Montgomery County Human Trafficking Task Force
- Montgomery County Women’s Commission
- Volunteer Coordinator: Help activate those wishing to get involved
- Membership Committee Chair and members:
- Maintain and update member lists
- Mail postcards to new, inactive, and renewing members
- Member recruitment
- Web and Social Media Chair and members
- MCNOW PAC: Help during election cycles
- Community Liaison: Answer general inquiries that come to us via email, forward inquiries to someone in leadership as needed
- Program Committee Chair and members: Planning, ideas and logistics
- Legislative Testimony: Testify on issues in Annapolis and/or County Council
Interested? Head over to our Get Involved page!