The American Association of University Women (AAUW), the nation’s leading organization for advancing equity for women and girls, invites you to its inaugural EmpoWer networking event for professional women. Attend one of two professional development workshops to network with other women and gain valuable career skills.
- Salary Negotiation 101: Anxious about negotiating your salary? In this one-hour session, you’ll learn the basics of negotiating your salary and benefits for a new job. You’ll also learn how to negotiate for a raise or promotion. By the end of this workshop, you’ll be equipped with the skills to successfully and confidently negotiate for what you’re worth.
- Navigating Difficult Conversations: In this one-hour session, you will learn concepts and skills to help you overcome difficult conversations. You don’t have to fear initiating and maintaining productive conversations — even in complex situations with challenging people.
Your registration fee covers
- An intensive one-hour professional development workshop
- An open bar and hors d’oeuvres during the networking session
- Words of wisdom from a successful woman leader
- Networking opportunities with more than 100 young professionals
Registration includes one ticket for a chance to win either a tour and tasting package from D.C.’s first women-owned distillery, Republic Restoratives, or a gift certificate from Pleasant Pops for six popsicles.
To purchase tickets, and for more information, click here.