Yesterday, the Trump administration announced it is rolling back the Obama-era birth control mandate that requires employer health insurance plans to cover birth control at no cost to women. The new rule will allow companies and nonprofits to exclude coverage for birth control for religious and "moral" reasons. We won't stand for it.
We're starting a social media campaign in support of women's fundamental human right to bodily autonomy. Here's how you can participate:
- Get out a piece of paper.
- Write "Hands off birth control because..." and finish the sentence with whatever women having access to birth control means to you.
- Take a photo of yourself holding what you wrote.
- Put a black and white filter on your photo, because this issue is pretty black and white - you either support women or you don't.
- Send us your photo one of two ways:
- Email us with your picture, first name, and Twitter and Instagram handles (if applicable), and we'll post it on social media. We can also apply the black and white filter on your photo if you email a full color version to us.
- Tweet us your picture @mcmdnow. Please @ us and include the hashtags #OurRightsNOW and #HandsOffMyBC.